Sunday, February 21, 2016
I'm typing this on my phone so we will see how it goes. I always have so much to say, or that I want to say, but I'm so busy with work and the kiddos this quickly gets moved down the list of priorities. The last week my workout buddy has been really sick, so even though I miss her, I still have to keep going and I need to do it because she would give anything to be getting our workouts in too. I've stayed extremely motivated, and am really proud of myself in that aspect. No excuses. None. I've been doing a huge variety of workouts this last week, and have really enjoyed it. I've ran, done a little Tabata, multiple HIIT workouts, and Insanity. I get a little discouraged about how weak I am and how far I have to go, but I don't let it hold me back. If anything it pushes me further. To be doing things I have never done before is really empowering. Running is my comfort zone. It calms me, and I genuinely love it. But I can't get stronger with running alone, thus the mash up or workouts! I want to work every muscle and really feel what I am doing. It's been unseasonably warm outside lately so running in the fresh air has been amazing. And days when I have to stay inside, I do. I pick a few hard workouts, and have my kids and husband to motivate me. I'm missing the weights though, so it'll be nice to get back to those. My workout buddy knows way more about that stuff, and I'm still not confident enough about my form to do it alone.
My daughter goes in for surgery tomorrow morning, and although it's nothing major, I'm still anxious about it and will be so relieved when it's over. She has been sick for so long...I can't wait to see how much happier she is. And her hearing is pretty bad so it will be really neat to see how she reacts to sounds. She has completed my life in the most profound way, and I just want her to be okay. My kids are my everything. I'm not ok if they aren't ok. It's that simple. They are why I'm working so insanely hard to get strong again, and to be the role model they deserve. They deserve the best, so I need to be at my best. It's pretty easy when my closest friends are all on the same journey.
The last few weeks I finally saw movement on the scale, which was pretty exciting. It didn't budge the first few months, which I was told to expect. But it's moving now!! I haven't been at my current weight since before I had my first son. That's over seven years, folks. A long damn time. Clothes are fitting better. I feel better. This journey is really important to me. I know most people don't want to hear about it, which is why I'm so glad I started this blog. I'm so excited and so motivated. It's a very different place from the beginning of December.
MY MOTIVATION <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment