Sunday, February 28, 2016

Life is good

This is before my run yesterday. It was windy and uphill the last half, but I got out and did it anyways. I'm so thankful for the nice weather, running on a treadmill is awful, and I do so much better outside. I was able to shorten my pace from 11:30/mile to 10:50/mile. I know that sounds slow, or insignificant, but to me it's really exciting. Especially since I was battling hills and wind. I want to get my pace for the half marathon up to 10-10:30/mile. It's exciting to see improvements like these. I'm not so much after distance right now as I am strengthening everything overall. I'm really stoked for today's workout, my workout buddy is back!! And I had a horrible cheat night last night so it's time to work it off today! I have missed the weights so it will feel good to lift today. We went to a birthday party yesterday and I had about five different people tell me they could tell if lost weight and how great I looked. I really needed that. The night before I had seen a horrible picture of myself and was feeling pretty bummed. I have a long ways to go but I'm a lot closer than I was. I've lost about 14 lbs since Christmas. I put on a few pounds over the holidays so it's been great to see the scale move a little. I wish I didn't care about it, but alas, I do. I just can't wait to see more results. I feel so amazing, and have so much more energy. Life is good, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment